Heal Pain Naturally has MOVED

Heal Pain Naturally has moved to its new location -- please click link to visit and bookmark new location at Jenny Mannion.com. While you are there PLEASE also visit the Heroes of Healing Group Writing Project!

Friday, March 14, 2008

Law of Attraction Question: What do I do when someone important in my life does not BELIEVE in the Law of Attraction and I do?

This is the SECOND most common question I receive, right after "Do I have to stay positive all the time for the Law of Attraction to work?". People become very excited when first hearing about the Law of Attraction IF it clicks and resonates. They see how it has applied in their lives in their past and want to take action to bring more goodness rather than negativity into their future. But what to do when your "other half", a parent or someone else significant in your life disagrees? This raises several other questions which I will answer here. Will their "negative energy" stop YOU from achieving what you are aiming to attract? How do you CONVINCE the other person? What about if that person is very negative - won't that affect me? How do I pursue learning more when the other person is so against it? What do I do if I manifest something and they STILL don't believe?

Will someone else's negative energy stop you from attracting what you want into your life?


Only if you let it. Do you believe that the other person can stop you from attracting what you want? If you do you are calling it into existence. Only YOU control what you are attracting towards you. Are you thinking positive thoughts and listening to your self talk? Are you visualizing it? Are you feeling good about receiving it? Do you know in your heart you will receive it? Or are you telling yourself, "Well -- I really want this but I know because "______" doesn't believe I won't be able to get it". KNOW only you control what you are asking for and whether or not you will receive it.

How Do I Convince the Other Person that the Law of Attraction is real?

There are several aspects to this but the bottom line is it is not your job to convince them. People either believe something or they don't. If you try to force someone to believe something that doesn't resonate with them you are wasting your own energy and theirs. That being said you can examine things before giving up that they will ever believe. There are many different ways the Law of Attraction is presented. You have "Jerry and Esther Hicks and Abraham" who for MANY people embody "The Law of Attraction". Others will immediately discount their teachings because "anyone channeling must be faking therefore anything they say is fake". Some people love "The Secret's" explanation of the Law of Attraction and others call it "wishful thinking". Some swear by "The Master Key System" by Charles Haanel and others would simply not have the patience or understanding to read 24 parts about the world within and the world without. For me it was reading Wayne Dyer, Deepak Chopra, The Master Key System and listening to the audio book "The Secret" that resonated from the beginning.

The Law of Attraction can be presented in many ways. If you do want to try and give a good explanation of it to the "doubting person" in your life the best way is to:

1) Put it into practice for yourself and get a good feeling of it.
2) Read MANY different authors, blogs, articles and understand what each author's approach to teaching the law of Attraction is all about.
3) Think about which author has the best possibility of connecting with person that says they do not believe and present it to them that way.
4) Simply live it, manifest something using the Law of Attraction and show the person firsthand what worked for you.

My husband believed in the Law of Attraction from when I started learning but if he hadn't -- my healing certainly would have proved it to him. I was told I would only be getting worse by several doctors. Once I started learning about the Law of Attraction and the mind/body connection I was healed within weeks. This was AFTER 6 years of suffering. I adopted the Paging Me System to keep me conscious and in constant practice and there is no way after my family saw the transformation that anyone could doubt the power within.

What if this other person is really negative, won't that have an affect on me?

Again, only if you let it. Once you do gain a better awareness of your thoughts and your self talk you have much better control over what you internalize. You can hear someone say something negative, even comment on it but you don't have to let it affect your mood or how YOU are feeling. If you find it impossible to do this -- take notice of it but don't dwell in it. Look forward to the next time you can be by yourself -- and do something to make you feel better and get in a better space. Yes, my husband might act slightly annoyed when he is upset about something and I say "can you think of something positive honey?" but it makes him stop and think and upon thinking -- no matter how bad the situation at hand may seem -- he can come up with something that he is grateful for.

How do you pursue learning more when the other person is against it?

There are so many ways to learn about the law of attraction now. Books, you tube videos, online courses, blogs..... You do not have to agree with the people closest to you about everything. In fact, it would be pretty boring if we all did agree on everything. If this resonates with you -- study it, learn more and put it into practice. Most of the materials I learned from were free. You might get very excited when studying and want to share it and be frustrated you can't.... well then join in on a forum online or look for a group in your area that discusses it. It does no good to retell the person 20 different ways if they have expressed to you "they don't believe it" or "they don't want to hear it". KNOW it is true for you, understand it, manifest and then see what happens.

I know when you learn this and you KNOW it is true it might seem hard to keep it to yourself. There are people that are not ready and no amount of insisting will make it so. Oprah and Eckhart Tolle's class is an amazing example of awakening and consciousness and in their class they go into depth about people not being ready to hear certain things. If I had heard about all of this 5 years ago when I was beginning to get all my diagnoses, truthfully I don't think I would have "heard" or understood a lot of what came easily to me 15 months ago. Be patient, don't "blame" anyone for not being where you are in your life or not believing what you do. Nothing good could come of that and the more you persist the more they will resist.

What do I do if I have manifested something and they STILL don't believe?

As mentioned above, be patient. If they are going to believe in the Law of Attraction they will do so when they are ready. Do not let it stop you from practicing it -- if you have manifested using the Law of Attraction, you KNOW its power and there is no reason for you to stop. Move onto your next goal, visualize, ask, believe, take inspired action and receive. You can now create your life as you want it and maybe in time after many more manifestations it will make the person stop and say, "Wait a minute here... this is more than a one time thing -- look at all the changes he/she made -- MAYBE it is true after all?". Keep moving forward and do not concentrate on the other person's beliefs -- follow your own.

I am now available as a Mind/Body Connection Mentor and offer a free 1/2 hour consultation. Please email me at jennymannion@yahoo.com for more information or contact me via Skype jennifer.mannion..

3 comments:

Annie said...

That is really informative. thanks for sharing it

Kendall said...

Have you heard of the new upcoming movie "How Thoughts Become Things?" I just saw the trailer at http://www.HowThoughtsBecomeThings.com It is a question I have had since seeing the Secret, but it really hasn't been answered very well. I hope this film will do a better job. It claims it will tie the Law of Attraction to modern Neuroscience in a way that will be applicable for everyone. I think that if they can provide these answers it will be wonderful!

ikhfa said...

I've found some extension to the law of attraction on the web, brought by Bob Proctor and Mary Morrissey. It's all about the 11 forgotten laws, maybe it can help.. :)

this is the site: http://tinyurl.com/UsingTheLawOfAttraction

Please Consider Donating

If you have found this site useful please consider donating. Your generosity will ensure my ability to keep it updated with new articles and information. Thank you!

Google Search

Google

Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered by WebRing.

Wholistic Healing

Subscribe Today to IJHC
 
Feed Shark