Heal Pain Naturally has MOVED

Heal Pain Naturally has moved to its new location -- please click link to visit and bookmark new location at Jenny Mannion.com. While you are there PLEASE also visit the Heroes of Healing Group Writing Project!

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

An Interview, Superwoman and Life Changes

Wow has this been a week! I feel like I have said that a few times before but this one tops them all by far! It truly proves life is a roller coaster filled with ups and downs and to hang on tight and try your best to enjoy the ride. I have given my first interview on my ebook with Nickolove Lovemore a wonderful life coach, I jumped into the street to protect my 5 year old daughter from being hit by a car on her birthday and my husband has just accepted a job five hours away from us so now we will only see him on weekends. And to be technical all of this has happened in the last 5 days!

AN INTERVIEW

I interviewed today with Nickolove who is a really inspirational person herself and who I met through selfgrowth.com. She has her own coaching program which you can learn more about at her Skyline Coaching Blog. She and I got along very well and I can definitely see working with her more in the future. It was wonderful to be asked about my healing journey and to share my Paging Me System in detail with her. The interview is available here and is an hour long.

SUPERWOMAN

On my daughter Christina's 5th birthday, last Friday, we went out to a new restaurant in town. It was my husband, my son Alex, Christina, my mom, step-dad and me. We were so happy to get a parking spot almost right outside the restaurant because street parking is pretty hard to come by in my town at that time and it was COLD outside for April 4th! When we left the restaurant we all walked to the car with me and my kids in front and my son opened the curb side mini-van sliding door for he and Christina to get in. Christina walked up to the door at which point the adults were talking, commenting on the restaurant and were approaching the car. Christina in a split second decided she was NOT getting in that side and would run into the street (in back of our car) to get to the side her car seat was on. I yelled at her to stop which she took as a challenge and she ran faster. Considering we live in a very low traffic area cars don't go by our street as fast as the downtown area that we were in. She is also very determined and strong willed with a mind of her own -- she has taken her hand out of mine several times in her school parking lot and tried to run and I thought I had made my point and she would not do that again. I realized she was a few inches from being hit, that the cars had the green light and were speeding and this is where the Universe took over -- I leaped, pulled her toward me and slid between the cars and we both narrowly missed the oncoming car which sped past us. Several cars after it slowed because they had seen what happened but there was no way that car would have stopped since she was walking between 2 cars that were both taller than her and allowed for no visibility. We both lay there on the ground a minute processing what happened. Christina felt embarrassed more than anything and just had some dirt on her knees. I had made sure I didn't weigh down on her when I landed so got pretty scraped up but the only casualty was my favorite black jeans that were ripped to shreds (as is my knee). My family was in shock and Ray said "that was like Superwoman". Yes, it felt like I was Superwoman and now I can relate to the stories about a mom's super human strength. I have heard stories of mothers lifting cars to get their kids and I finally "get it". I certainly hope Christina got the message of the dangers of cars but will be reviewing it daily nonetheless. Today when we walked by a particularly HUGE Suburban I asked her what she thought would happen if that hit someone or something going fast.... She grimaced which is a step in the right direction and it might sound morbid to keep rehashing it but I hope to NEVER be that scared for one of my children's lives again.

LIFE CHANGES

The same day my husband told me he had gotten a job offer from a company five hours away from us. It would mean being away from Monday 4AM - Friday 6PM but he would be making 4 times his yearly salary here. Due to many circumstances our finances could SURE use that boost and we have decided he will take that position. It helps that it is also a very good move for him to learn the latest technology in his field and that as a consultant there he will have more freedoms than he did here as an employee. He will also be doing something he loves and excels at so on many levels I am very excited and happy for him.

This decision was not made easily despite the money and opportunity offered because Ray and I are very close and it is very difficult imagining not being with him 7 days a week and the kids not seeing him every day. After thought and talk though this story came to mind that I wanted to share with you in case you had not heard it yet.....

In a small town in Louisiana during the fall, it started raining. The rain was strong and long and began flooding the area. This one man was in his house as his neighbors were all evacuating. One neighbor asked him why he was not leaving and he said "The Lord will provide." Time passes and the first floor of his house is totally flooded so he goes upstairs. Through his window he sees a rescue boat. The man driving the boat tells him to get onboard. He turns to the driver and smiles and says "The Lord will provide." Time passes again and the second floor is flooded so he goes up onto the roof. Another rescue boat comes by and the driver tells him to get onboard. Again, he turns to the driver and smiles and says "The Lord will provide." The rain keeps on coming down and now all that is out of the water is his chimney which he clings to. A helicopter flies by and the pilot calls down on his loudspeaker for the man to climb the rope ladder he extended. The man smiles at the pilot and says "Thank you but the Lord will provide." Finally, the rains keep on coming down and the man drowned. When the man got to the "pearly gates of heaven" he asked God "why didn't you provide for me in my time of need?" God said, "What are you talking about? I sent 2 boats and a helicopter"

Ray was offered a job a year ago and we did not take it because it was far away and we held hope that he would get something closer. This job is an even better opportunity and my thought is if he does not take it -- it would be like the above story and us saying "it's ok -- the Lord will provide". The Universe has provided him and our family with this opportunity in this time when the US economy has been making it challenging for many to find jobs -- we are grateful and we are not letting this opportunity pass.

Of course this means many more jobs and tasks for me during the week so this will affect the already small window of time I have to work. (2 1/2 hours/weekday while Christina is in nursery school and late at night when the kids are in bed and I am exhausted). I have gone through so many emotions these last few days. It is very calming to know even as wild as my mind may race for a little bit, I am now cognizant of my thoughts and aware enough to know "it will be okay" and that "life is as it should be". My first thought was to stop blogging until my daughter starts full time kindergarten in the fall. This thought was accompanied by severe sadness in emotions. While some might say "that's bad -- why did you allow yourself to get so upset?" I am fortunate that through my studies and by taking Mr. Tolle/Oprah's class to know that recognizing emotions and allowing yourself to experience them is not a bad thing. The emotions I experienced after thinking I would give up blogging for a while had me then looking for an alternative. I suspected I was too close to the situation to think clearly enough to see one but did have it as an intention that "there must be one".

As most bloggers or people who read blogs know, it is recommended that you blog AT LEAST 3 times a week. Not only that but it involves networking, reading other people's blogs, continually educating yourself so you have intelligent things to write about as well as social bookmarking, learning techniques, etc. and I LOVE ALL of it. I love the people I have met through blogging, reading other's ways of looking at the world, continuing to learn and the satisfaction of writing something I am proud of. I went to my chiropractor this week who made an excellent suggestion. My chiropractor's office is a place I LOVE going once a month not just for the adjusting and massage but for the whole atmosphere in his office. He is very "aware" and has seen my transformation and he and his wife run a wonderful practice together and are inspirational in the way they treat people. Anyway... ;-) Dr. Joe told me that it is a lot easier to cut back on something and pick up the pace again than it is to totally stop and restart. Yes, it sounds so simple but I have been so caught up in the "right way to blog" that it is something that never occurred to me. I had even read recently of one of my favorite bloggers, Albert of "The Urban Monk" cutting back on posting a little bit and remember thinking "good for him"...he is concentrating on his studies and his own life...yet when it was time for me to be creative and come up with an idea to keep it going I blanked.....

So... what this means is I will be writing 1 post/week for each blog; Heal Pain Naturally and Kid's Non Violent Computer Game Recommendations until the fall. I will also not be doing monthly newsletters but will do them when I get an opportunity. In the fall when my daughter begins full day kindergarten I will have more time to myself than I have had in the last 9 years of being an at-home mom. I will return to blogging MUCH more regularly and hopefully launch my new site jennymannion.com which will have both blogs, coaching information and much more. I cannot tell you how happy I am that I can continue to blog. I hope that this will also ensure I do 1 quality post a week because I will be able to really think about what one topic I want to write about.

This last week I feel like I have grown tremendously in so many ways. Yes, I am still human and have not by a long shot reached Mr. Tolle's level of awareness but boy have I made great strides. This was the first time the thought of giving up a job was met with sadness and it was important for me to reinforce JUST how much this blog and getting my message out means to me. I have found my passion and am living it. I love coaching and helping others and while for the next five months I might have to cut back on the hours doing so -- five months is not a long time and I believe there is a reason for this as well. I need to be more present for my kids these next five months. This is my last long alone time with my daughter at home with me most of the day, this is the first summer where my daughter is old enough to take a variety of classes and my son will be riding around the neighborhood on his bike and hanging out with his friends. I WANT ours to be the house that kids come to and I don't want to be feeling the pressure of finding 3 good topics to blog about while playing with my daughter and making sure my son and his friends aren't doing anything too dangerous (oh the lives of 8-10 year old boys)!

There are truly life lessons in every situation. Maybe Christina's experience was another way of the Universe telling me what is most important now. I am listening to the Universe and am so grateful to have learned my life's lessons when I did to be aware enough to receive them. I will continue to interact with readers, bloggers and learn so I can continue to share my journey with you. Thank you for your support and patience as I enter this changing time in my life. This truly is my joy, passion and I am so happy and grateful to have found it and to be able to continue it.






No comments:

Please Consider Donating

If you have found this site useful please consider donating. Your generosity will ensure my ability to keep it updated with new articles and information. Thank you!

Google Search

Google

Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered by WebRing.

Wholistic Healing

Subscribe Today to IJHC
 
Feed Shark