Heal Pain Naturally has MOVED

Heal Pain Naturally has moved to its new location -- please click link to visit and bookmark new location at Jenny Mannion.com. While you are there PLEASE also visit the Heroes of Healing Group Writing Project!

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Vision Boards

The first time I heard of a Vision Board was in the movie "The Secret". A Vision Board is a collage filled with images, words and phrases with what you are hoping to be, achieve and have. It goes along with The Law of Attraction in that in order to manifest your desires you should have a clear picture of the goals in your mind. The thought being if you have your vision board somewhere you can see it every day those things will be ingrained (consciously and subconsciously) and you will manifest them.

Thanks to Edward Mills from Evolving Times and his "Vision Board Invitational" I made a vision board this weekend. After cross country skiing with my girlfriends they came back to my house and the 4 of us, my son and my friend Angela's son sat down and made really great vision boards. My daughter (4 1/2) started making one but Michael Jackson's "Thriller" came on and dancing to that seemed to be her priority! ; ) We had a fun time doing it and I highly recommend it as a way to focus on setting goals. It is fun to do as a group because as you are looking through magazines you see pictures and words that might be good for someone else. Also the energy is GREAT when you have a few people all focusing on goals and what GOOD THINGS are in the future.

Before sitting down to do the vision board I did some research online. Besides the Edward Mill's post on vision boards which is great I found Christine Kane's post , "How to Make a Vision Board" that tells of 3 different kinds you can make. You don't need many supplies and you WILL feel GREAT after completing one!

I chose to make a vision board that focus's on 3 of my main intentions for the year. Success financially by means of my invention being licensed which in turn will lead to more vacations, time with family and home improvements. I also chose a lot of words and phrases that resonated as to WHO I want to be. I chose images that I associate with success and what I intend to do when the money starts pouring in. ; ) Oprah is my hero in that as MUCH as she does (TV, radio, magazines, etc.) she stays real to who she is and is always helping people. For me that is what success is all about. You find your passions, find creative ways to make money doing what you love and then give back and inspire others. I can't think of anything better than that! Yes, blue drinks by a pool with my family sounds awesome as well. But it is so important not to just spend and enjoy your wealth for your own well being but to spread it around and help others.

I had such a great time with this project. I see doing this yearly as a way to keep on track with my goals and to keep setting intentions. Thank you Edward Mills for inspiring me to take action and spend the time making a vision board with my family and friends. Edward is offering prizes for the Vision Board Invitational -- all you need to do is go to Evolving Times to find out more and submit your vision board before January 14, 2008.

4 comments:

Stacie said...

Jenny, I love your vision board! I made one after having Levi to help myself lose weight, only I didn't know it was called a vision board back then. Anyway, it worked. I'll have to think about making one for this years goals! I'll have to start saving some magazines.

Here's to a great 2008! -Stacie

Jenny Mannion said...

Hey Stacie, I have a bunch of extra magazines if you can make it here....
It can give you an EXTRA incentive to make the trip. ;-) Thanks for continuing to support me -- I appreciate it more than I can express! Miss you! Love, Jenny

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny, Vision boards are great, very powerful tools. I remember the first one I did was when I was very young and taught to me by my Mother who was trying to get me to set goals as a younster. It totally works! As well, a student of mine recently gave me one that she had made for herself, all about her desires to take more travel, it now sits on my meditation bench as an inspiration to teach as well as one to enjoy travel. Of course, it's taken new meaning as it's been given to me, other than had I made it myself. It was still so touching that it was given as a gift, true power.

Love the blog,

Kris

Jenny Mannion said...

Hi Kris, Thanks so much for stopping by and for sharing your experience. Both my kids have done theirs as well and I hope it is the start of a yearly tradition. Being given one as a gift is very special and I hope there is LOTS of travel in your future! Teachers are so important and I still remember all of mine that inspired me and impacted my life. Thanks Kris, Happy 2008! Gratefully, Jenny

Please Consider Donating

If you have found this site useful please consider donating. Your generosity will ensure my ability to keep it updated with new articles and information. Thank you!

Google Search

Google

Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered by WebRing.

Wholistic Healing

Subscribe Today to IJHC
 
Feed Shark