Heal Pain Naturally has MOVED

Heal Pain Naturally has moved to its new location -- please click link to visit and bookmark new location at Jenny Mannion.com. While you are there PLEASE also visit the Heroes of Healing Group Writing Project!

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Visualization Can Help to Heal Pain” by Jennifer Mannion

Before seeing the movie “The Secret” I had never heard of using Visualization for much of anything much less to achieve goals or to heal pain. For me, this was the hardest of all the tools learned about in my studies of the Law of Attraction to put into action. How could I picture myself whole when I was so broken? How could I picture pain being gone when being ill was a part of my description of myself? Firstly I had to listen to my self talk and become aware of what I was picturing my health to be before I could attempt to change it.

Gabriel Foster has an amazing site with lots of materials on natural living. You can visit his site at: http://www.GabrielFoster.com He explains Visualization as follows, “Visualization is the art of using ones imagination to influence his/her being and existence in many different ways. Such as: Healing one's self, increasing personal growth, influencing the outcome of circumstances, attracting wealth and love, changing habits and acquiring possessions. You can read the rest of the article by visiting his site and looking at holistic articles, visualization.

Once I heard and saw how I was seeing myself “sick Jenny, sick mom, sick wife, sick child” I knew I had to change it however I could. I started off small and I had to start off with shifting my attention and quieting my mind. I have “monkey mind” to the Nth degree and struggle daily with finding the quiet time (with 2 kids under 8 no easy task). It was important for me to learn how to be still and relax and to focus my mind on one thing. I used several methods for this, Charles Haanel, “The Master Key System”, Deepak Chopra’s, “The Soul of Healing Meditations” and then me just saying to myself “Quiet down brain!”

I would start when I woke in the morning so I was half-awake and my brain wasn’t moving quite so quickly. I would focus on being “healthy Jenny” and visualize myself doing all the things I needed to do that day. I would make myself aware of the part that hurt the most and visualize that pain leaving my body. I would pay attention to the part of my body that didn’t hurt and concentrate on it and say “my body and I are so healthy just like my “insert pain free body part” feels. I would picture myself running up and down our stairs instead of the many mornings I was literally crawling up and down them.


If you have a hard time learning how to visualize there are tools you can buy to help you on your way.


Visualization worked. I know it was part of why I was able to heal myself. When you visualize it as something has already happened it does help to make it so. I believed I could be healthy and saw it and it became true. I haven’t looked back since. Now to visualize that first million dollars… ; )

To find out more about the other methods used you can read about my ebook , or you can visit my blog or my site.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny, when I noticed you blogged on this subject, I added a link to you in my article on visualization because you are a real live example of someone who used this technique successfully!

Office Movers Olathe said...

Grreat reading your blog

Please Consider Donating

If you have found this site useful please consider donating. Your generosity will ensure my ability to keep it updated with new articles and information. Thank you!

Google Search

Google

Technorati

Add to Technorati Favorites
Powered by WebRing.

Wholistic Healing

Subscribe Today to IJHC
 
Feed Shark